Depending upon your procedure, your recovery time may vary. You will be given specific discharge instructions from your physician.
- For your comfort and safety, we remind you of the following:
- You need to arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and be available to care for you for the first 24 hours following your surgery, unless exempt by your physician.
- Take it easy until your physician says you can return to your normal routine.
- It is natural to experience some discomfort in the area of the operation. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness depending on the type of anesthesia you receive or amount of pain medication you are taking at home.
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding diet, rest and medication.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or power tools, drink alcoholic beverages, make legal decisions, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Contact your physician if you experience problems after you leave the center. If you can’t reach your doctor but feel your concerns warrant a doctor’s attention, call or go to the nearest emergency room.
- It is very important to remember – you must have someone drive you home after the procedure and to stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
The following business day after your surgery, a member of the Lawrence Surgery Center staff will contact you to see how you are doing, or you may contact us during business hours.
Call us @ (785) 832 0588